Maybe you think celebrity moms have it easy. After all, they're rich, they can afford to hire nannies to watch their kids while they workout with a personal trainer. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared fresh by the best chefs and they never have to lift a finger to wash lettuce if they don't want to. Okay, so maybe they do have it easier than the rest of us.
But don't buy into the excuse that you need money to lose weight. Your budget doesn't have to hold you back. There are plenty of things the everyday mom can do to burn calories and workout without cash:
1. Check out health and fitness books from the library. Here are some titles to get you started: The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person by Judith S. Beck and Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation by Pam Peeke and Cindy Crawford.
2. Take a hike. Enjoy the season with a challenging walk in the great outdoors. Or just take a walk if you live in a city, or town where there is no where to "hike". Walk at whatever pace is comfortable for you and you'll enjoy it more than if you push yourself too hard.
3. Work in your garden. Tending to your plants is not only therapeutic, it's good exercise. If you need to mow your lawn, all the better!
4. Make your own home exercise circuit. Pick three activities to get your heart rate up like running up and down the stairs, jumping jacks, and jogging through the house or in place. Do each activity for 2 minutes and then move to the next activity. Repeat.
5. Search YouTube for free exercise routines and ideas.
6. Try out a gym with a free one-week trial. Do you have a gym close to your house? Stop by and ask if they have any guest passes for the week. Chances are the answer will be yes. It's the perfect way to give the gym a trial run without making an investment.
7. Ride your bike. Whether you go solo or with your family or friends, biking is a great way to relieve stress, get outdoors and burn calories.
8. Play Frisbee with your family. You'll be having so much fun, you'll forget about all the running you're doing to catch that Frisbee!
9. Do exercises with your baby. Try holding your baby while doing squats, kissing your baby while doing push-ups, or lifting your baby up, over and over again!
10. Drink water. Skip soda, café lattes, alcoholic beverages, and lemonade. Choose water - you'll not only save calories, you'll save money too!
See, there are many ways to get fit for free! So what are you waiting for?